You will be working for a global, well established and successful freight and logistics management company. You will become an important part of the team where you will be able to progress – this is a great opportunity.
The Customs Manager will be responsible for the management and compliance of freight forwarding, ensuring that all processes are correctly adhered to in order to deliver the highest level of customer service and client satisfaction.
- You will manage and update company records, ensuring that all customs related documents are stored accurately and in compliance with company regulations.
- You will manage customs and trade compliance across the company making sure UK regulations are met
- Provide ongoing training to keep up with changing customs & trade compliance policies, this will involve attending seminars and conferences.
- Ensure that internal audits are carried out.
- Perform due diligence checks on new customers when required to do so.
- Assist in the implementation and control of new legislations, which will be issued from HMRC.
- Making sure the team are aware of any new processes or procedures.
- Providing training when necessary .
- Strong knowledge of both Export & Import customs clearance procedures using relevant software.
- Excellent understanding of International Trade, Compliance and Customs regulations.
- Previous exposure to the development of business policies and process governance within an international business.
- Excellent IT, verbal, written and communication skills.
- Applications : 0
- Job Link