Office & Finance Manager
A successful and ever growing family established Essex based business, who are a reputable leader in their specialism
Reporting in to The Commercial Director, you will manage a small team within Finance and Administration and oversee the day-to-day running of the office including some HR tasks .
Key responsibilities will include;
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments, wages journal and similar accounting entries using accounting system
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the board
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
- Leading the team responsible for payroll, VAT and HMRC processes
- Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement
- Managing the HR, payroll and administration functions
- Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced
- Identifying any skills gaps in the organisation and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this
- Onboarding new subcontractors
- Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role
- Ensuring all records are kept up to date
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
- Acting as a liaison to senior management and board of directors to keep them up to date with shop floor matters.
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and production targets are met.
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process.
Having worked in a similar position, you will possess the following:
- Payroll and Accounts system experience
- Advanced Excel – They use this programme a lot
- Accounting knowledge – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Reconciling, Invoicing, Assisting with Profit & Loss
- Assisting in preparation of the annual statutory accounts
- Producing and managing budgets
- CIS knowledge and experience is desirable
- Solutions focussed and problem-solving approach
- Good people management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
This position has the opportunity to develop and progress further within the senior management team, and is a key role within the business.
This role will offer 1-2 days agile working (after the initial training)
- Applications : 0
- Job Link