Regional Technical Manager
A Leading specialist operations & digital solutions business working with organisations in highly regulated markets. We help our clients improve service, grow, and win.
As a Regional Technical manager your job will be to provide a professional subsidence and surveying services for domestic and commercial buildings insurance claims. You will need to manage your own work efficiently and effectively to achieve business objectives and meet defined service level agreements (SLAs).
-To visit damaged properties and assess technical and insurance aspects required to resolve insurance claims and to reinstate damaged buildings.
-The role will be home based and you will be required to maintain a suitable home office environment. There will be a requirement to attend local company offices from time to time. A company car will be provided and full driver’s license is required. You will be traveling within the UK and will need to be flexibility in working arrangements to meet business requirements.
-You will need to be proactive and work off your own initiative, this will include managing a portfolio of work within a regional area and assist in other areas as and when required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Full Training will be provided
You will need knowledge, understanding and capability in the following areas:
- Identifying causes of damage and construction defects, assessing repair requirements, scheduling necessary building repair works.
- Investigation and resolution of subsidence and general perils insurance claims.
- Instruction of temporary or emergency works to make damaged buildings safe.
- Building pathology including asbestos and damp problems.
- Understanding of buildings insurance policies and insurance law
- Professional report writing and other general correspondence, including consultation reports.
- Specification of site investigations and interpretation of geotechnical reports.
- Building construction and foundation systems.
- Obtaining competitive tenders, tender assessment and recommendations.
- Local Authority Planning & Building Regulations.
- Health & Safety Legislation & CDM Regulations
- Party Wall etc Act.
- Administration of building contracts and related contract law.
- Project management of building works onsite, valuing and authorising contractual payments and agreeing variations.
- Experience of cost control and financial awareness.
- Computer Literate – particularly MS Office Package
Person specification/ key skills:
- Educated to degree level in one of the disciplines listed:
Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Surveying, or similar.
- Excellent communication skills and articulation
- Understanding and recognition of Customer Service and Quality
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Numeracy skills
- Liaison with the appropriate staff
Interested in finding out more information? CLICK APPLY NOW to be contacted by one of our team
- Applications : 0
- Job Link